Lordy it has been a while. I had planned to post something a while ago, but the dance studio headed into recital mode in May at the same time that I had quite a few sub jobs. Work has also picked up because of sale time. So sadly, I hadn't been able to sit down and throw myself at the mercy of the blog until now. SO, here we go.
First off, Happy Father's Day!
Since March I have been super busy with subbing and working. So yay! The dance studio has been the most busy, though. We headed into full recital mode halfway through April, which included end of the year report cards. I managed to get those completed ahead of schedule (A real feat I tell you) and my classes spent the rest of our time together practicing and enjoying classes. Towards the end of May, classes ended and we had some time off. I spent most of it being with my grandma and prepping for the first week of rehearsals.
While I had no sub jobs in June, the rehearsals and work kept me busy. I've been working a lot more and constantly touching base with my bosses to make sure I stay on track with what I need to be doing. It's been great and I've been happier when going to work. Now, onto the dancing. Let me just say that the first and second recital went smashingly! Rehearsals and pictures were pretty much a breeze and all my girls danced beautifully. I was so proud and it was hard not to get choked up as I wished them fantastic summers the final nights. Gah! Thinking about it now gets me teary-eyed. Now, I won't be teaching during the summer, but I'll be teaching the same classes in the Fall and I couldn't be more excited. I hope to see some familiar faces, and I've got some more ideas for the new year.
Normally, I would end here, but I've actually got one more story to tell. It's kind of funny, but it was panic worthy when it was happening. Three days ago, my parents left to drive down to California to be with family. I would be leaving and flying out after I had finished with recital stuff. But this is beside the point. So, if you look at the time stamp, it's 1:00 AM on Sunday, June 16th. About five hours ago we finished our last night of recital. During that time, we all pitched in to clean up and tear down background props so we could all go and unwind at someone's house for a little bit. Nothing new. Neither was the request to use my truck to help load trash to take to the garbage instead of trying to haul it ourselves. Too bad that once I got to my car... it wouldn't start. Lights were coming on, my battery turned out to be find even after we attempted to jump it, and I didn't know what to do. I eventually got smart and called AAA. After getting someone to help out and come tow my car home, I prepared to hang out with only myself. I absolutely love the people I work with, as five of them decided to keep me safe and waited with me until the tow truck arrived. I love those girls, and they know how my I appreciated them sacrificing an hour of their time to wait out in the parking lot while a cold wind started blowing. Needless to say, the tow guy was really awesome and after telling him my woes, he tried to help me out after I called my dad and was informed to try to start the car in the other gears. Magic happened, and we were able to get my car into the garage.... while in neutral. It turns out that the gear shift had come loose and was out of whack. The tow guy thought it was hilarious, and so did I after I sad goodbye to him.
I also realized that all this happened because of a screw. Everything was fine when I drove to the auditorium where the recital was held. Parking was fine. But during the drive, a screw had dropped down. I was able to recover it and was glad I did. After calling my dad again, we came to the conclusion that this was the problem and would be fixed upon our return. When everything came to a close last night, I was highly stressed, somewhat relieved, and ready to be on the plane. Now that I've had some time to settle down, I feel much better. The only down side was that I missed out on hanging with the ladies at our boss's house, however, due to my tight schedule this evening.... er, morning, I am almost glad for what happened. I've accomplished everything I wanted.
Speaking of which, I've still got to shower and get some sleep before I have to be up and ready for my ride to the airport! Let's just hope I get enough sleep to function.
Until next time!
Later Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment