Saturday, February 18, 2012

Updates

So... time flew by, didn't it?

I'd had plans for another set of make-up tips for Fall and Winter, but life just got too complicated for research. I had everything written out, had what I wanted to put together ready to go, but I just never managed to get myself to focus on putting a post up. It wasn't like I wasn't online, I just procrastinated too much. Of course, by the time I got around to feeling like I should update something, I had family over... and family takes precedence.

Once the New Year rolled around, I had planned to do a small update, but once again, I failed. So, I started planning for Valentine's Day. This time, I had reasons for failing. Work and substituting kept me from putting something up like I'd planned. Not to mention losing my page of notes that I had. It has since been found, but not in time to put something up. A shame, as I'd found a few videos that were really cute for Valentine's Day, but so is life.

For now, I shall put down my resolutions for the year.
1. To get more healthy: This means eating healthier and making better choices about what I eat. It also means that I need to exercise more, whether it's walking or getting back into my Wii Fit Plus that I have. Actually, I can do a lot of walking on the Wii Fit, and it would be an easy thing to do while watching TV at the same time. Score one for me! Now to plan out how to set aside 30 minutes a day for walking.
2. To draw more: When I was younger, namely when I was in middle school and high school, I used to draw and doodle ALL the time. During college, I doodled here and there, but with schoolwork, and eventually work, time slipped away and I drew less and less. I won't say I'm the best out there, but it is enjoyable, and I feel like I'm decent at it. Therefore, I must get back into drawing.
3. To write more: I've been told I'm a very good poet. While I don't like to share most of the poetry I write publicly, as I feel like it could be stolen from me on such a public forum and I am incredibly shy about it, I do try to surprise my family with my compositions. There's also been a need to write for a while, more than just poetry. I've not figured out what I'd want to write about, and probably won't for some time, but writing short stories will be fun. I've also tried to challenge myself to write up to 15 minutes a day, or if I really get into things, more than that.
4. To be more money conscious: Graduating from college, it's now time to get my finances in order. Like many, I have loans to pay back, so every penny counts. This doesn't mean I won't splurge a little every-so-often, but there will be less outings to Target, and clothes will just have to last a little longer.

For now, those are my four big resolutions for the year. And really, that's all I have as far as updates go. I'm going to try to get some ideas for Spring and Easter together, and hope that nothing pulls me away from updating.

Have a great rest of your February!

No comments:

Post a Comment