Why? Why did I wait so long to read the first book? Oh, right. Money. I can't read a book I can't pay for, and the library seems to always have the books checked out. Luck was not on my side. Thankfully, it was on my mother's. A coworker happened to be finishing up the first book while on break when my mother walked into the break room. After asking politely, my mother was able to borrow the book... and she let me read it first.
How could I have not psyched myself up to go get this book earlier? I was a little skeptical, at first. The books are so popular now, and with the first movie finishing its circulation through the movie theaters, I guess I just didn't want to be another sheep in a flock of many. Now I'm mentally kicking myself. I should have gone with the flock, because I have a new favorite series. I still love my Frank Beddor's version of Alice in Wonderland, and of course I can't put down my Harry Potter series. I also need to finish Brisinger from the Eragon series so I can move on to the last book, Inheritance. But right now, all I want to do is run out and get the entire Hunger Games trilogy... in hard copy! Ugh!
I hate being a bibliophile sometimes. I know the library can be your friend, but I've gotten to the point where I want to have and keep all the books I can bring home. I don't want to have to return the book, and then go back and check it out again when I feel the urge to read through it for a second time. I'm so lazy. I might be a little less lazy for this set. Sadly, the local library has stated that all the copies of Catching Fire have been checked out. Now I have to wait impatiently for the copies to come back so I can snag one. Hopefully, I'll be able to. Until then, I must wait, stalking the library catalog or wondering if my mother's coworker has the rest of the set that I can borrow so that I can finish.
I think I have a set of books to put on my birthday/Christmas list this year. Too bad that's almost 5 months away. Maybe I can save up enough to purchase them on my own. Who knows? Either way, I'm left with having to clear up my long reading list, which is sadly growing longer and longer. I'm still only halfway through Anna Karinana, which has been an almost 7 year read. The good thing is that I still recall what's going on, otherwise I'd have to start all over again. Tag on some of the books already mentioned, and Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, and I've got quite a bit to finish. I should probably add in a few Nicholas Sparks books I haven't gotten to yet.
I really need to stop playing games on Facebook.
In any case, I'm sucked into The Hunger Games, and I can't wait to see the movie. I've heard mixed reviews, but still want to see it.
Until next time.
Later Days <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment