Monday, September 3, 2012

Updates....

They need to happen. Cheese and crackers. I didn't think it had been so long since I'd last posted! I guess I should fill people in on what's been going on.

So, from last I posted, I talked about the Hunger Games books. I can tell you, I devoured the next two books after purchasing the trilogy from Costco. Thank you, Costco! It took me 3 days to finish the second book, and 2 to finish the third and final. Let me tell you this: Go read the series! I am so glad I read the series before watching the movie-which I did recently and rather liked-and was able to complete the entire series. Now I'm ready for the next two movies!

Moving on from the books, June was a very hectic but fun time for me. Since I work at a dance studio, we had two weekends devoted to the year end recital. THAT was a wonderful but very busy time. As sad as it was to see my students head off into summer time, I was happy to have a break from the busy year. It really is ridiculous considering I only had 1... count that... 1 class. I need to not complain compared to other people. The next part of June came with mall work, and getting ready to head down to see family in So Cal. We had birthdays to celebrate, friends to see, and Disneyland to go to. Family time is always fun, especially if I'm able to get my Disney kick in for the year. When it came time to leave, I was sad to leave the state I was born in, but it was time to get home.

The rest of the summer, I taught at the dance studio and worked at the mall. Fun stuff, right? I also house sat, which was, in the best of words, interesting. I was glad to help out, but I don't think I planned for it very well. Next time I will be more prepared! Ha! As July turned into August, the end of classes at the dance studio came and I got to spend a week with my grandma. This was a fun time for me, but I did manage to crack my windshield thanks to construction. Stupid gravel being flipped up by other cars. At first, it was one seal-able crack, and then another starburst that I hadn't found completely cracked up the window. I'm lucky I didn't get worse, but I'm still rather sad that my truck went 4 years without nothing more than a harmless fender bender. I'd hoped to go on for another 2 years without issue. Oh well.

Exiting August and heading into September, I am eagerly, but not so eagerly awaiting the start of school. Some schools have already started, but many of the ones I substitute for are starting tomorrow. I will miss being able to sleep in, especially with the Holiday Season starting at the mall. Oy vey. Here's to another busy season!

In other news, namely resolution updates since it's passed the half year mark now, I would like to say... I suck. Lol. I have not been as diligent with working out as I liked. In fact, after my trip to So Cal, I became rather lazy, only getting activity when I went to work or taught during the summer. I've told myself I've got to get back on track in the next 2 weeks, or I'll be waiting until the beginning of the year to start all over. So far, I have lost 2-3 pounds, and I'm happy about that, but I had hoped to lose between 5-10 by now. Maybe, I'll be able to lose that much before this year ends. Just got to get myself motivated and back into a schedule.

As far as drawing and writing goes, I have been doing well with these. I've been doodling a lot more, and I've been trying to stay motivated with writing. I have several small projects I've been working on, but nothing that's worth sharing. I'm also very OCD and don't want my work stolen or used without permission. Pictures, namely those that are drawn, are one thing, because many are just character designs or characters I use on a website I'm on like... all the time. But written works are hard for me to share. Even my family is surprised when they finally see the notebooks I have.

Anyway, I think this is enough of an update for now. I hope to get a little more involved now that I'm not just lounging around and forgetting that, yes, I do have a blog that needs to be updated. Until next time!

Later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment